Thank you to the parents who came to help last weekend! We are getting close to our beautification goals for our site. In order to reach them, we are meeting again on Saturday, August 1, between 10AM and 4PM.
Please let us know if you can stop by to help out!
More information on tools needed and goals for the day will be added soon.
**Note that the time of the work party has been modified to add a morning shift 10AM-12PM**
Join us to beautify our school this Saturday, 10AM-12PM and 1-4PM!
Thank you to all the parents who already got so much done last weekend! We hope to be as successful this Saturday.
The plan is to:
- Finish cutting down the vines
- Disassemble the broken planter and moving the dirt into the other beds
- Move the wine barrel planters together and planting some bamboo into them
- Remove nails that are sticking out of the pallets for the planters
- Repair and finish painting the picnic tables
- Paint student line-ups on the asphalt
- Sand/clean surfaces to be painted (indoors, handrails, etc.)
- Paint indoors, handrails, etc.
- Make simple DIY planters out of wooden pallets
- Remove any remaining staples from bulletin boards
- Clean dusty furniture we just got from OUSD
Tools and materials Needed!
We need tools, materials, and people power! We really appreciate your involvement with donating or loaning the tools and materials below. Please check with your local grocery or home improvement stores for donations as well.
**Please email us by Friday morning (July 24) to sign up for a 2-hour shift and to tell us which items you can donate or loan.**
Tools and Materials Needed:
There is an info meeting for prospective families at the school tonight, 7:00-8:30PM, 9736 Lawlor Street, Oakland, CA. Please join us and/or tell your neighbors and friends who might have questions.